Terms and conditions
The Rico Kids has made every effort to word these terms and conditions in plain English, with clarification of various clauses where necessary. If you do not understand any part of these terms, please call us for clarification or seek legal advice before agreeing to them. Any booking WHETHER CONFIRMED VERBALLY, ELECTRONICALLY OR IN WRITING will be subject to a legally binding Contract carrying the following non-negotiable Terms & Conditions of Service:
Definitions and Application
- These terms and conditions will apply to the purchase of Entertainment Services by you (the “Client“). I am Hristiyan Stanoev trading as Rico Kids of 12 Brant Houses, 91 Blackheath Road, London, SE10 8PD (The “Entertainer”). A booking (“Booking”) is any verbal, electronic or written request securing entertainment for a specific date from the Client to the Entertainer.
- The Client agrees to submit all relevant to the service details to the Entertainer (such as Names, Phone Numbers, Email Addresses, Party Venue Addresses, Child’s Names and Age, Date and Time of the Party)
- E-mail Communications
The Client understands that by filling out the Enquiry Form or Feedback Form they give full permission to the Entertainer to contact the Client via the Client’s e-mail address at a later date.
Confirming the Booking
- ‘Confirmation’ (“Confirmation”) will mean any verbal, electronic or written acceptance of this booking by BOTH the Client and the Entertainer.
- All Bookings take effect immediately upon Confirmation.
- Non-signature/non-return of Contract is not sufficient to cancel the booking or acceptance of these terms.
- A deposit and Enquiry Form filled out in full is required to confirm a party’s date and time.
Upon ‘Confirmation’ of the Booking, Rico Kids will issue a Contract to the Client for confirmation of details by electronic email. Both the Client and the Artiste may keep one copy of the Contract for their personal records. Rico Kids will store the Contract(s) for safe keeping (copies available on request).
Changes to Contract
- The agreed booking fees may be subject to change (in agreement with both the Client and the Entertainer) if any details on the Contract are altered. All changes to the Contract must be arranged and agreed by Rico Kids in advance of the event.
Right to Refusal of Services
- Rico Kids reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Policy on abuse
- Should the Entertainer, at any time, experience abuse in any manner from the Client or any individual at the event, contract terms will immediately be terminated without hesitation. The Entertainer reserves the right to cancel all contract terms and conditions under ‘any and all’ abuse.
- Harassment is not tolerated by the Entertainer and he has the right to cease a party without penalty if the children continually misbehave.
Payment of fees
- The Client pays 50% of the fee deposit to Rico Kids upon booking entertainment and/or services with Rico Kids. A booking is not confirmed until the receipt of this payment. Payment is not processed until funds have cleared (please allow 2-3 business days). Rico Kids may continue to accept bookings for this date until payment has been made.
- Deposits are not refundable. They may be transferable to another booking time (date subject to availability within the same calendar year).
- Payment is required in FULL 5 business days before your event. Payments are not accepted on the day of the event as the Entertainer do not handle cash out on the road.
- If any fee which the Client is due to pay prior to the event has not been received at least 5 working days before the event, the Entertainer has the right to cancel the Booking without penalty and the Client will forfeit any other fees paid previously and remain liable for any cancellation fees due (see clause 8.).
- Cancellation by the Client:
- In the event that the Client cancels the Booking, the Client agrees to inform Rico Kids immediately.
- Cancellation by the Client less than 28 days prior to the engagement will result in a cancellation charge of 50% of the total booking fee (the sum of the deposit made at the time of booking plus the remaining balance) made payable to Rico Kids by the Client.
- Cancellation by the Client less than 14 days prior to the engagement will result in a cancellation charge of 75% of the total booking fee (the sum of the deposit made at the time of booking plus the remaining balance) made payable to Rico Kids by the Client.
- Cancellation by the Client less than 7 days prior to the engagement will result in a cancellation charge of 100% of the total booking fee (the sum of the deposit made at the time of booking plus the remaining balance) made payable to Rico Kids by the Client.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure their venue can accommodate the Entertainer and cancellation of the Booking or non-performance of the Entertainer due to venue restrictions will place the Client liable for cancellation fees as detailed above.
- Cancellation by the Entertainer:
- Cancellation by the Entertainer is not allowed for any reason except circumstances covered by ‘Force Majeure’ (see clause 23.)
- In the unlikely event that the Entertainer cancels the booking, the Entertainer agrees to inform the Client immediately and agrees to refund the Client their booking fees already paid in advance.
- Cancellation by the Client:
Late payment of fee
- Failure by the Client to pay the booking fee within the terms specified will result in Client being in default of Contract. The booking may be cancelled and the Client will be bound by the cancellation clauses in part 8 of these Terms and Conditions.
Responsibility for incorrect information in the booking
- If the booking information is incorrect in any way, then it is the Client’s responsibility to inform Rico Kids of any/all changes. This is not included in the price.
The contract to buy (acquire our service) is complete by Rico Kids sending the Client an invoice by email
If through their own fault the Entertainer is unable to fulfil part of the event schedule or breaks the terms of this Contract and the Client would like to claim a reduction on the Entertainer’s fee, a complaint must be made in writing to Rico Kids no more than 30 days after the event. Full payment must still be made to the Entertainer as agreed in the Contract. Withholding payment is illegal. Failure to pay the Entertainer within the terms of this Contract will incur charges outlined in clause 7 (see above) and may render the Client subject to prosecution. Rico Kids will make every effort to settle disputes without the need for either party to take legal action against each other. Once the Client has made a written complaint, Rico Kids will send a written statement detailing their version of events. If Rico Kids cannot settle the dispute to the mutual satisfaction of both parties, they must settle the matter directly via their own legal representatives.
It is the sole responsibility of the Client to ensure that the venue of their event is able to accommodate the services provided by the Entertainer. This includes (but is not limited to): ensuring the venue has an adequate space for the services, gaining permission from the venue owner to host the services, and, where required, ensuring there is free parking for the Entertainer or otherwise paying for their parking.
Changes on the day
- Where possible, changes to the Contract schedule, which are unavoidable on the day of the event, should first be discussed & agreed with the Entertainer. Any changes will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- If changes negotiated between the Client and the Entertainer on the day of the event are agreed to incur additional costs to the Client, the Entertainer accepts full responsibility for arranging the collection of additional fees and agrees that these fees will be subject to Rico Kids standard rate of commission.
Delayed event schedules and late finish fees
- If due to the late running of or alterations to the event schedule which is no fault of the Entertainer, the Entertainer is not able to perform their full performance time within the schedule outlined in the Contract, there will be no reduction in the Entertainer’s fee.
- If the event runs late and the Entertainer is asked and agrees to finish later than the finish time in the booking Contract, and the Entertainer does not agree an additional surcharge, then the following standard ‘late finish’ fees will be charged: 10% of the total balance due per ½ hour over run, payable on the day of the event by the Client to the Entertainer in cash.
- The Entertainer has the right to refuse to finish later than the Contracted finish time without penalty.
Extended performance fees
- If the event schedule is changed on the day and the Entertainer is required and agrees to perform for longer than the ‘Performance times’ agreed in the Contract, and no additional surcharge is agreed by the Entertainer on the day of the event, the following standard ‘Extended performance fees’ will be charged: 25% of the total balance for every 25% that the originally agreed performance times are extended, payable by the Client to the Entertainer in cash.
- The Entertainer has the right to refuse to extend their performance times without penalty.
- If the Client agrees to cover additional expenses incurred by the Entertainer (such as travel fee, parking charges), the Client agrees to pay these 5 business days before the event.
Entertainer service guarantee
- The Entertainer agrees to provide a performance that is to the best of their ability, and reflects fully the likeness of the Entertainer’s show as known to Rico Kids and as advertised to the Client via promotional materials, profiles, pictures, videos, web page or verbal description etc. The Entertainer will make every effort to ensure their performance is outstanding, adhere to the Client’s wishes within all reasonableness, be polite and courteous with the Client, their guests and all venue staff and Contractors.
- The Entertainer agrees to provide all equipment required to undertake this performance, unless the equipment has been contractually agreed to be provided by the Client or a third party. It is the Entertainer’s responsibility to ensure the good working order & safety of their own equipment and to obtain all necessary insurances & certification.
- The Entertainer will refrain from drinking alcohol before, during and after the performance at all times when the Client or their guests are present.
- The Entertainer accepts full responsibility for maintaining their own Public Liability Insurance (which should be to a minimum of £1,000,000 cover), DBS (CRB) certificate, their own equipment insurance, vehicle insurance and for carrying out the P.A.T. testing of their equipment where applicable.
- It is agreed by the Client and the Entertainer that the equipment and instruments of the Entertainer are not available for use by other performers or persons except by specific permission of the Entertainer.
- The client is responsible for any damage sustained to Rico Kids costume(s) and/or equipment at the event, in cases where the damage was caused (purposefully or accidentally) by any non- Rico Kids person at the event. To be responsible in this case means that the Client is liable to pay Rico Kids the fee of replacing or repairing the damaged costume(s) and/or equipment. This fee is determined at the discretion of Rico Kids only.
Entertainer’s wellbeing during the event
- If the Entertainer requests water, this should be provided at no charge.
Entertainer’s discretion regarding their attention and flow of the event
- Whilst Rico Kids understands that this is the birthday child’s special day, as entertainers we feel that, at times, it is not advantageous to single out the child as per the effect that it can have on the birthday child themselves or the other young guests at the party. Therefore, we leave it to the discretion of the Entertainer to go with the flow of the party and be sensitive towards shyness and other common characteristics which lend themselves to the act of singling out children in any way to not be in the best interest of the child, the children and/or the fun flow of the event. Therefore, it is not mandatory that the birthday child be singled out.
Responsibility for children and adult supervision
- It is Rico Kids policy that the Entertainer is not permitted to be left alone with any child (or children) at any time. It is therefore the Client’s responsibility to ensure, at all times, that the child (or children) is supervised by a responsible adult over the age of 18, other than Rico Kids staff.
- Rico Kids does not accept responsibility for the care and supervision of minors and the Client is required to make their own arrangements for adequate supervision. Rico Kids is not liable for any loss or damage caused or related to any act or omission by a supervisor, carer or parent.
- In cases of ‘Force Majeure’ (which shall be known as war, fire, death, illness or other capacity certified by a properly qualified medical practitioner, epidemic, accident, civil commotion, national calamity, order of Government or Local Authority having jurisdiction in the matter, changes in law, foreign government policy, act of God), which are not attributable to any act or failure to take preventive action by the Entertainer or Client, then the Entertainer or Client may cancel this booking without penalty other than loss of payment already made.
Photographs and videos usage
- Rico Kids may use photographs or videos captured during events for sales or promotional reasons.
Acceptance of terms
- As stated on the Enquiry Form, by completing a booking and sending it, by whichever means, to Rico Kids, you are accepting, in full, all terms and conditions. You relinquish any right to contest these terms, with us or in a court of law.