Terms & Conditions
The Rico Kids has made every effort to word these terms and conditions in plain English, with clarification of various clauses where necessary. If you do not understand any part of these terms, please call us for clarification or seek legal advice before agreeing to them. Any booking WHETHER CONFIRMED VERBALLY, ELECTRONICALLY, OR IN WRITING will be subject to a legally binding contract carrying the following non-negotiable Terms & Conditions of Service:
- These terms and conditions will apply to the purchase of Entertainment Services by you (the “ “). I am Hristiyan Stanoev trading as Rico Kids of 12 Brant Houses, 91 Blackheath Road, London, SE10 8PD (The “Entertainer”). A booking (“Booking”) is any verbal, electronic, or written request securing entertainment for a specific date from the to the Entertainer.
- The agrees to submit all relevant to the service details to the Entertainer (such as )
- E-mail Communications
The understands that by filling out the Booking Form or Feedback Form they give full permission to the to contact the via the Client’s e-mail address at a later date.
- ‘Confirmation’ (“Confirmation”) will mean any verbal, electronic, or written acceptance of this booking by BOTH the and the Entertainer.
- All Bookings take effect immediately upon Confirmation.
- A deposit and Booking Form filled out in full is required to confirm a party’s date and time.
- The agreed booking fees may be subject to change (in agreement with both the and the Entertainer) if any booking details are altered. All changes to the booking must be arranged and agreed by Rico Kids in advance of the event.
- Rico Kids reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- Should the Entertainer, at any time, experience abuse in any manner from the or any individual at the event, booking terms will immediately be terminated without hesitation. The Entertainer reserves the right to cancel all booking terms and conditions under ‘any and all’ abuse.
- Harassment is not tolerated by the Entertainer and he has the right to cease a party without penalty if the children continually misbehave.
- The Client pays 50% of the fee deposit to Rico Kids upon booking entertainment and/or services with Rico Kids. A booking is not confirmed until the receipt of this payment. Payment is not processed until funds have cleared (please allow 2-3 business days). Rico Kids may continue to accept bookings for this date until payment has been made.
- Deposits are not refundable. They may be transferable to another booking time (date subject to availability within the same calendar year).
- Payment is required in FULL 5 business days before your event. Payments are not accepted on the day of the event as the Entertainer does not handle cash out on the road.
- If any fee which the is due to pay prior to the event has not been received at least 5 working days before the event, the Entertainer has the right to cancel the booking without penalty and the Client will forfeit any other fees paid previously and remain liable for any cancellation fees due (see clause 8.).
- Cancellation by the
- In the event that the cancels the Booking, the Client agrees to inform Rico Kids immediately.
- Cancellation by the less than 28 days prior to the engagement will result in a cancellation charge of 50% of the total booking fee (the sum of the deposit made at the time of booking plus the remaining balance) made payable to Rico Kids by the .
- Cancellation by the less than 14 days prior to the engagement will result in a cancellation charge of 75% of the total booking fee (the sum of the deposit made at the time of booking plus the remaining balance) made payable to Rico Kids by the .
- Cancellation by the less than 7 days prior to the engagement will result in a cancellation charge of 100% of the total booking fee (the sum of the deposit made at the time of booking plus the remaining balance) made payable to Rico Kids by the .
- It is the responsibility to ensure their venue can accommodate the Entertainer and cancellation of the Booking or non-performance of the Entertainer due to venue restrictions will place the Client liable for cancellation fees as detailed above.
- Cancellation by the Entertainer:
- Cancellation by the Entertainer is not allowed for any reason except circumstances covered by ‘Force Majeure’ (see clause 23.)
- In the unlikely event that the Entertainer cancels the booking, the Entertainer agrees to inform the immediately and agrees to refund the their booking fees already paid in advance.
- Cancellation by the
- Failure by the to pay the booking fee within the terms specified will result in being in default of Contract. The booking may be cancelled and the will be bound by the cancellation clauses in part 8 of these Terms and Conditions.
- If the booking information is incorrect in any way, then it is the Client’s responsibility to inform Rico Kids of any/all changes. This is not included in the price.
If through their own fault the Entertainer is unable to fulfil part of the event schedule or breaks the terms of the Booking and thewould like to claim a reduction on the Entertainer’s fee, a complaint must be made in writing to Rico Kids no more than 30 days after the event. Full payment must still be made to the Entertainer as agreed in the Terms & Conditions. Withholding payment is illegal. Failure to pay the Entertainer within the terms and conditions will incur charges outlined in clause 7 (see above) and may render the subject to prosecution. Rico Kids will make every effort to settle disputes without the need for either party to take legal action against each other. Once the has made a written complaint, Rico Kids will send a written statement detailing their version of events. If Rico Kids cannot settle the dispute to the mutual satisfaction of both parties, they must settle the matter directly via their own legal representatives.
It is the sole responsibility of the Client to ensure that the venue of their event is able to accommodate the services provided by the Entertainer. This includes (but is not limited to): ensuring the venue has adequate space for the services, gaining permission from the venue owner to host the services, and, where required, ensuring there is free parking for the Entertainer or otherwise paying for their parking.
- Where possible, changes to the Booking, which are unavoidable on the day of the event, should first be discussed & agreed with the Entertainer. Any changes will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- If changes negotiated between the and the Entertainer on the day of the event are agreed to incur additional costs to the Client, the Entertainer accepts full responsibility for arranging the collection of additional fees and agrees that these fees will be subject to Rico Kids standard rate of commission.
- If due to the late running of or alterations to the event schedule which is no fault of the Entertainer, the Entertainer is not able to perform their full performance time within the schedule outlined in the Booking, there will be no reduction in the Entertainer’s fee.
- If the event runs late and the Entertainer is asked and agrees to finish later than the finish time in the Booking, and the Entertainer does not agree an additional surcharge, then the following standard ‘late finish’ fees will be charged: 20% of the total balance due per ½ hour over run, payable on the day of the event by the to the Entertainer in cash.
- The Entertainer has the right to refuse to finish later than the contracted finish time without penalty.
- If the event schedule is changed on the day and the Entertainer is required and agrees to perform for longer than the ‘Performance times’ agreed in the Contract, and no additional surcharge is agreed by the Entertainer on the day of the event, the following standard ‘Extended performance fees’ will be charged: 25% of the total balance for every 25% that the originally agreed performance times are extended, payable by the to the Entertainer in cash.
- The Entertainer has the right to refuse to extend their performance times without penalty.
- If the agrees to cover additional expenses incurred by the Entertainer (such as travel fee, parking charges), the agrees to pay these 5 business days before the event.
- The Entertainer agrees to provide a performance that is to the best of their ability, and reflects fully the likeness of the Entertainer’s show as known to Rico Kids and as advertised to the via promotional materials, profiles, pictures, videos, web page or verbal description, etc. The Entertainer will make every effort to ensure their performance is outstanding, adhere to the wishes within all reasonableness, be polite and courteous with the Client, their guests, and all venue staff and Contractors.
- The Entertainer agrees to provide all equipment required to undertake this performance unless the equipment has been contractually agreed to be provided by the or a third party. It is the Entertainer’s responsibility to ensure the good working order & safety of their own equipment and to obtain all necessary insurances & certification.
- The Entertainer will refrain from drinking alcohol before, during, and after the performance at all times when the or their guests are present.
- The Entertainer accepts full responsibility for maintaining their own Public Liability Insurance (which should be to a minimum of £1,000,000 cover), DBS (CRB) certificate, their own equipment insurance, vehicle insurance, and for carrying out the P.A.T. testing of their equipment where applicable.
- It is agreed by the and the Entertainer that the equipment and instruments of the Entertainer are not available for use by other performers or persons except by specific permission of the Entertainer.
- The client is responsible for any damage sustained to Rico Kids costume(s) and/or equipment at the event, in cases where the damage was caused (purposefully or accidentally) by any non- Rico Kids person at the event. To be responsible in this case means that the Client is liable to pay Rico Kids the fee of replacing or repairing the damaged costume(s) and/or equipment. This fee is determined at the discretion of Rico Kids only.
- If the Entertainer requests water, this should be provided at no charge.
- Whilst Rico Kids understands that this is the birthday child’s special day, as entertainers we feel that, at times, it is not advantageous to single out the child as per the effect that it can have on the birthday child themselves or the other young guests at the party. Therefore, we leave it to the discretion of the Entertainer to go with the flow of the party and be sensitive towards shyness and other common characteristics which lend themselves to the act of singling out children in any way to not be in the best interest of the child, the children and/or the fun flow of the event. Therefore, it is not mandatory that the birthday child is singled out.
- It is Rico Kids policy that the Entertainer is not permitted to be left alone with any child (or children) at any time. It is therefore the responsibility to ensure, at all times, that the child (or children) is supervised by a responsible adult over the age of 18, other than Rico Kids staff.
- Rico Kids does not accept responsibility for the care and supervision of minors and the is required to make their own arrangements for adequate supervision. Rico Kids is not liable for any loss or damage caused or related to any act or omission by a supervisor, carer or parent.
- In cases of ‘Force Majeure’ (which shall be known as war, fire, death, illness or other capacity certified by a properly qualified medical practitioner, epidemic, accident, civil commotion, national calamity, order of Government or Local Authority having jurisdiction in the matter, changes in the law, foreign government policy, act of God), which are not attributable to any act or failure to take preventive action by the Entertainer or , then the Entertainer or may cancel this booking without penalty other than loss of payment already made.
- Rico Kids may use photographs or videos captured during events for sales or promotional reasons.
- As stated on the Booking Form by completing a booking and sending it, by whichever means, to Rico Kids, you are accepting, in full, all terms and conditions. You relinquish any right to contest these terms, with us or in a court of law.